When doors are shut, people who trust in a great God pray and look for Him to provide an open one. While it’s true that thousands won’t be gathering in the Great Smoky Mountains in Sevierville, TN for PTP on August 14-20 this year, there’s a phenomenal amount of work being done right now by an awful lot of people to provide an opportunity for you, your family, your congregation and countless souls to refresh, renew and recharge your spiritual batteries.
Here are the details.
- (1) It’s called Virtual PTP. It will appear on the PTP365 site beginning on August 14.
- (2) About 70-80 speakers have recorded over 300 lessons dealing with the wide range of topics and biblical texts we’ve all come to love at PTP. There really is something for everyone! There’ll be classes especially for children, high school and college ages, families, ladies, elders and deacons, preachers, and general sessions for everybody.
- (3) The emphasis on God, His word, His church, and building up and strengthening one another that have characterized PTP through the years will undoubtedly continue with this year’s PTP Virtual Edition.
- (4) This is a massive project and your prayers are greatly desired and needed. I know that all those involved in PTP Virtual Edition consider it to be a labor of love to the glory of God and to the strengthening and building up of souls, but it’s still a huge act of service to accomplish in a short amount of time. Please pray that God will greatly bless this endeavor.
- (5) PTP365 has been absolutely free for several months (talk about blessings and super bargains!). Beginning in August, a family can subscribe for $100 per year and have 24/7 access to years of PTP. There also is a congregational rate of $300 where all the families of a congregation can have access to literally thousands of PTP lessons. What a precious gift this would make to any local church!
- (6) Those who have a paid subscription to PTP365 also will receive this year’s PTP Virtual Edition.
Just writing about this makes me excited and thankful. I am grateful to be part of a family that does not allow a closed-door to thwart our desire to glorify God and to refresh and strengthen hearts. I am thankful to be part of a family that trusts in God to open new doors when a door may have shut for a time. I am grateful to be part of a family so remarkably diverse and talented that with God’s grace and help we can actually pull this off. But most of all, I am thankful for what this effort will accomplish to the praise of God and for eternity’s sake. PTP Virtual Edition is coming and it’s something we should all be excited about!