- Twenty percent of all Greek New Testament words (or 1 in 5) occur fewer than fifty times.
- Danger or risk occurs eight times in 2 Corinthians 11:26.
- Revelation 21:20 contains 8 hapax legomena (words occurring only one time), the most for any verse in the New Testament.
- Only about 525 verses in the New Testament do not contain a single word that occurs fewer than fifty times.
- Interestingly, the chapter in the New Testament with the fewest rare words is John 17 – the prayer of Jesus. Every word in the chapter occurs at least eleven times.
(A number of these were found in the valuable work, A New Reader’s Lexicon of the Greek New Testament, by Michael Burer and Jeffrey Miller). —Mike Vestal